Test Shots

For my final project, I have decided to do it around the theme of Brighton night-life / Brighton after dark.
I took some test shots at the weekend in a popular pub in Brighton, The Hope & Ruin as a start into perfecting my project photos and finding out exactly what type of photos I want to take.

With these photos, I found that they came out very dark. I had the aperture setting on 4.5 and a slow shutter speed of 6. However, the pub had a lot of artificial lighting that contributed to the darkness of the photo. Overall, I don't think these photos accurately represent what it is I want to convey through my photography; they do not evoke a sense of excitement or euphoria. As well as this, when I was taking photos I did not feel comfortable in my environment due to the 35mm camera I was holding; people did not act natural in front of me and thus I could not capture the authenticity of the nightlife.



 This is one of my favourite photos I took. I like the shallow depth of field as well as the dark colours that go along with it.







These photos were simply me playing around with the camera and do not prove to be any purpose to my final project.







I also really like the concept of this photo and the capture of the interaction between a bouncer and a customer, but it is a bit blurry.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Photography - Week 7

Nightlife Photographers

Presentation - Week 4