Flash Photography - Week 7

In Week 7. we attached the flash onto the camera for the first time and experimented with the camera.
We set the flash unit into Programmed Auto Mode (P).
We then took photographs of my peers, played around with high and low exposure and worked on performance photography, taking pictures of our peers whilst they were whistling.

 I liked using the flash as it made the photos clear and bright, but I do not think this is an aspect I will use. I want to focus on shadows and lighting in photos, which using a flash may stop me from doing.








The depth of field on this photo is nice. My subject is in focus and the background is blurred; showing the importance of the subject.






The autumnal tones in this photo are really nice. I captured the 'busyness' of the university lifestyle whilst also capturing the beauty of the campus site.











I engaged with this project as it enabled me to delve into the 'abstract' idea of photography. This meant that I could photograph objects that were around me, as a type of vernacular photography, whilst applying abstract concepts.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nightlife Photographers

Presentation - Week 4