Week 4 - Portraits


At the beginning of the class, Anneka, Ofelia and I done our presentation on Gender, Gaze & Otherness.We believe that the presentation went really well and the class seemed to engage with what we was telling them. Overall it was an interesting project to do as I learnt about new photographers and was able to analyse and understand the theories to do with Photography in a greater depth.

We went down to the market in Falmer Square to shoot a series of portrait photos of my peer, Ofelia, and some of the workers down in the stalls. We had to capture a head & shoulders photo, a close-up and an interaction. I found this task quite fun and particularly easy to do. I have realised that I am getting more and more use to using the manual camera settings.













I really like the colours in this photo. The rich tones of purple and pink stand out against the dark tones of the shopkeepers coat.








I like the colours in the photo. I also like the motion blur of the customer compared to the concentration and focus on the people preparing the food: this shows the reality of the fast food sector.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Photography - Week 7

Nightlife Photographers

Presentation - Week 4