Edited Final Shots


After I chose my final shots, I had to begin the process of editing the photos via Photoshop. 


The main tools I used on Photoshop were Levels, Curves and Colour Balance. I used these tools to adjust the tones of my photos in order to make all the photos look similar in some kind of way and emphasise the colours in the photos that are projected in the photos. I also adjusted the lightness of the photos in order to show the interactions in the photos and make sure each photo had every detail on show.
As this photo was more green, I decided to edit the colours in the photo to project a more blue tone onto it. I also made the photo more dark so that the sign would really stand out and allow the colours to reflect on the walls.

This photo was much more darker before I edited it. I made the photo brighter so that the Apple logos on the laptops were more illuminated, and I added more red tones so that the projector screen and the lights were emphasised. This also created the idea of shadows further in the photo as the red tones made the shadows darker.

I made this photo darker to accentuate the shadows on the wall. As well as this, I played with the colour balance, adding magenta and cyan tones to the photo which highlighted the neon paint on the wall. I think this made a showlight effect on my photos and heightened the theme of shadows in my project.

The firs thing I did to this photo was straighten it, as the bottom was unequal. I wanted all the wine glasses to be lined up in a straight line. Then, I adjusted the lightness and made the photo brighter. I also added Cyan tones to the photo to accentuate the artificial lighting on the DJ deck. I think this compliments and works well with the other beams of light in the photo.

I brightened this photo to ensure I could capture the social interaction taking place. I then heightened the red tones of the photo as this was the main colour palette. By adding these tones it emphasised the paintings on the wall and coincides with the theme that is seen in the above photos.

I darkened this photo to make the neon sign more vivid. I also added slight Cyan tones once again to give atmosphere to the photo. However, the main tool for this photo was darkening it, as this really highlighted the lighting on the ATM which is then complimented by the neon sign above it.


Now, I must create a web gallery for my photos. I am going to begin thinking about what theory and context I can adapt to my photography for my critical introduction, as well as gain feedback on my photos to make sure the narrative and the theme is clear amongst them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Photography - Week 7

Nightlife Photographers

Presentation - Week 4